Always at the beginning of each year, people make new year resolutions, commitments, promises… it’s a time when it feels good to make a big change in our lives, to clean and organize our home or office space, declutter and get rid of all the things that are just taking space in our home. All of these tasks take so much time but oh man do they feel liberating once you are all done! Definitely is a good idea to tackle one room at a time in order to not get overwhelmed and leave the project unfinished so this is why I thought I will share with you a link to a great article from a bowl full of lemons, Toni the author of this blog has created a 2017 home organization challenge, it is amazing! it is full of tips on how to organize your home week by week. Make sure to check out her website for other tips on cleaning and even budgets!
Week #1 Checklist:
- Clear off the kitchen table. This is your dumping grounds.
- Empty out all cabinets & drawers! Place ALL items into “categories” on the table.
- Wipe down the cabinet doors, shelves and drawers. Add new liners if necessary.
- Discard (trash) old, expired, and no longer used items & food. Check the dates.
- Place all items that are able to fit, into baskets.
- Place everything back into the cabinets & drawers (in categories).
- Take everything off the kitchen counters and place onto the table.
- Wipe down the counters & backsplash with a good natural cleaner.
- Wipe down ALL small appliances & large ones too!
- Put back items you use on a daily basis, onto the counter top.
- Mop the floors and wipe down the table & chairs.
- Empty fridge/freezer. Wipe out. Put back in an organized manner.
- Clean and organize under the kitchen sink.